Tuesday 29 May 2012

How To Cluster the Citrix Web Interface with MCSC

Hi Everyone.

I'm currently working on a project that requires me to cluster the Citrix Web Interface.

I trolled the internet and every response I sore stated to use NLB however, I can't because NLB and MSCS cannot exist on the same servers. I needed to cluster the Web Interface, really I needed to cluster IIS 7.5 too.

I have two Windows 2008 Enteprise Servers clustered. The two sevrers are dedicated to Citrix Provisioing Services and all of the required roles.

 To Cluster the Web Interface complete the following steps:

Step 1: Follow this article provided by microsoft to cluster IIS 7.5. At step 6 change the Physical Path on both servers.

Step 2: Install the Citrix Web Interface on both servers and create a website on both systems within the Citrix Web Interface console.

The website will be created on the shared drive.

You can only make changes to the the web interface on the node the has the service and drive.

When you make a change on one node and move the services to the other node the changed will be reflected.

Hope this saves you some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment